Our campsite was about three miles from Ronda. We travelled into the city by car and found several underground car parks within walking distance of the city centre. We visited the famous bullring and learned that only one bullfighter had been killed there since it was built in 1785 – although many thousand bulls were not so fortunate.
The city was beautifully clean with many restaurants and cafés. It overlooked a deep, rocky chasm and its narrow streets lead down to the bottom of the chasm where there were some Roman baths. The chasm was spanned by several bridges. The New Bridge was constructed in 1850, the other bridges were several hundred years older.